Information on Admission to K1 Classes for the 2022/23 School Year
Collection of Application Forms:
Parents are NOT required to abtain any application form. Please fill in your child’s information and submit the application online through our Online enrollment system.
Online Enrollment Submission (No quota for the kindergarten):
- Admission period: 23 September 2021 (Thursday) to 30 September 2021 (Thursday)
- Application method: Submit the application online with the above documents (File format: .jpg or .pdf). Documents should be uploaded with the application online.
– A copy of birth certificate
– A copy of immunization record (both sides)
– A recent photo of applicant
- Application fee: HK$40 (Payment method: Online payment) The application fee is non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
- Remarks: For enquires regarding the online enrollment system. Please contact our school office at 2665 4333.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the kindergarten education scheme (Scheme), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2021. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2021 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student cannot obtain an “RC” as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme¹, EDB will then issue a “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted
¹ Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the Scheme.
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten / The applicants whose parent(s) / sibling(s) are graduates will be given due priority consideration.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicant
- Interviews will be conducted on 6 November 2021 (Saturday) & 13 November 2021 (Saturday)
- Group and Individual interviews will be arranged
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview
- Arrangement for admission application of Non-Chinese Speaking(NCS) Children
– When interviewing NCS children, interpretation and/or translation service for applicants will be provided where necessary, or parents and children are allowed to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend to facilitate communication.
– Please contact us at 2665 4333 via phone call or email to [email protected] if interpretation / translation service is required.
- Support for NCS Children
– Appropriate measures are carrying out to best fit the needs of ethnic minorities. Support will be given to students and families in need.
– English notices will be available to enhance home-school collaboration and communication.
– To support NCS students in learning Chinese at school, Chinese homework can be translated.
– Individual communication between teachers and NCS parents can be arranged regularly to help parents come to understand their children’s progresses.
Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 17 December 2021 by post.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 6 to 7 January 2022 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and 8 January 2022 (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon) (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2022/23 K1 half-day place is HK$970. If the child concerned studies in the kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be refunded in August. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “RC” / “AP” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “RC” / “AP”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Tel: 2665 4333